Thursday, April 12, 2007

3x16 - "One of Us" Flashbacks

1. Juliet doesn't know where they are either! Just exactly who is Mittelos Bioscience, and why all the secrecy? Could they be a former arch nemesis of Dj Dan ala The Hanso Foundation? It would have been funny to hear Announcer Johnny say "Mittelos Bioscience" in a million different ways.

2. Could the disease Rousseau was referring to be what the Others recruited Juilet to fight against. Is the Island causing all these women to die? What does this mean for Sun? While I'm at it, why did Rousseau survive her pregnancy? Could that be part of their reason for capturing Alex?

3. I'm really scared to raise this next point, but I'm going to say it regardless. Juliet tries to leave after the six month mark, Ben tells her that Rachel's cancer has returned and that he will only cure Rachel if Juliet stays on the island. My question is simple but it's a very scary question to ask, ARE THEY CAPABLE OF GIVING PEOPLE CANCER?

4. What is Ben sending Juliet in to the survivors' camp for? What's going to happen in a week? UPDATE 4/14 - I'm going to guess that Juliet was sent in to complete Ethan's list. Back in "Maternity Leave," Mr. Friendly got on Ethan's case for failing to complete the list, before bringing people in. Could that one week be the deadline for the new list?

5. Mikhail is one hell of a newshound. All the monitors in the Flame were on a news report about a certain missing plane.

6. This just hit me - Ben says to Mikhail, "I want detailed files on every single passenger." THAT'S HOW JACOB CAME UP WITH HIS LIST!

UPDATE 4/16 - I'm going to argue that the Others didn't know the plane was going to crash, nor did they plan for it to happen at all. Watch the opening flashback for "A Tale Of Two Cities." They're holding a book club meeting JUST SECONDS BEFORE DESMOND OFFICIALLY FAILS TO PUSH THE BUTTON! If they really knew and/or planned for the crash, we would have had a scene of them planning out what to do when the plane crashed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kinda loved that scene where she's being convinced to go. It showed a wonderful desperation within her, and that was great. I was really glad that she didn't know where it was, that was great. I'm still really confused by the "sickness" aspect. I don't know what this could mean, it seems like Juliet is talking about something that only effects woman. It's tough. I thought the same thing about the cancer, but I read somewhere something that's much easier, he might have just told her that, so that she would want to stay longer. It seems like it would be easy to fake that kinda report. I'm very excited to see what happens.

-G

Thursday, April 12, 2007 1:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home