Thursday, March 15, 2007

3x12 - "Par Avion" Flashbacks

1. Christian Shepherd is Claire's father? That explains part of why he was such a heavy drinker. I didn't think Claire was his daughter back in the "Two For the Road" flashback because I didn't think the lady he aruged with in that scene looked like Claire (I know other people did!). Thank god the writers don't have plans for a relationship between Jack and Claire. Lindelof? Cuse? You were telling the truth on that one, weren't you?

2. I've noticed a pattern in all the characters on this show: nearly every regular has "Daddy Issues," like, "All The Best Cowboys." Claire is another in a very long list of series regulars who seem to have some problem with their fathers. This list also includes, Jack, Charlie, Jin, Sun, Sawyer, Locke, Hurley, and Sayid. The only person who didn't have a problem with her father was Shannon. Where could the writers be going with this?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Daddy issue is a very interesting thing to me. I wondered after this weeks' episode "The Man from Talahasse" I thought maybe it was sort of a bleak look at the Story of Jesus Christ, but I could be looking way too deep into that. Who can tell, really.

-G

Thursday, March 22, 2007 1:05:00 PM  
Blogger Sage said...

Really? How so?

Thursday, March 22, 2007 8:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home