Wednesday, March 28, 2007

3x13 - "The Man From Tallahassee" Present

1. My biggest thought about the present day events in this episode is that from the very first time we met him, Ben had all along been attempting to cut the area that the islands are in off from the outside world. He went to the survivors camp not to capture Jack as I suggested earlier, but to stop the button from getting pushed. The idea would be to force the survivors to turn the fail-safe key which would disable the underwater beacon. Then he manipulated Locke to blow up the submarine. The end result is that there is now no way to leave the island, and Ben is in no way responsible for any of it!

2. Alex was lead to believe that her mother, Rousseau, was dead. One can assume from this that she didn't know that Ben wasn't her biological father, or that she isn't one of the Others. What did they capture her for anyway?

3. Why was Locke wet after he planted the bomb? He shouldn't have had to go into the water in order to enter the submarine.

4. How were the Others able to capture Anthony Cooper and why did they even bother to do it in the first place? Are they really hoping to bribe John Locke into joining them by offering him a few minutes alone in a room with his father?

5. What exactly is this "box" that Ben was referring to? Could it really contain anything one desried? It that's true, could I use it to obtain a PS3 (JUST KIDDING!)?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Put me on that PS3 list. I heard that they didn't know about the Swan station (the others I mean), so I don't know if that's true, but I do think you're right that he wants to cut everyone off from leaving. I think it's a wish that he stumbled into. I'm interested in this "Box" and I want to see what comes of it. I like to think that they have no control over it, so that's why he's there, but God knows what they're going to do with it. It's a very exciting time, I think.

-G

Friday, March 30, 2007 1:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home