Thursday, March 29, 2007

3x14 - "Expose" Flashbacks/Present

Yes, you're reading this title correctly, I'm only doing one blog for this week's episode. I'll attack Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse later, but for now let me TRY to talk about this episode.

Flashbacks: This whole flashback revolved around Paolo and Nikki's diamond heist, and their 80+ day search for the black bag that they stashed them in. It pisses me off to no end that they made what I precieved to be little jokes about the beechcraft and the Pearl hatch; that they could find with ease what took the better part of two seasons for John Locke aggraviated me to no end. Paolo had managed to steal a walkie talkie from one of the Others but that's really the only notable thing in this flashback.

Present: Paolo and Nikki are dead! Not because of a spider bite, but because they were buried alive? I really have to ask the question, WHY? What were they introduced for if they were going to be killed for no reason at all? Unless I'm missing something really subtle, this episode was nothing more then a throwaway. I shouldn't even be writing a blog about this episode at all!

The only worthwhile scene is Charlie confessing to Sun that he staged her fake kidnapping in "Fire+Water." Even so, I was expecting this to come in either a Charlie, Jin, or a Sun flashback.

One last thing, I may actually take delete this post when the season ends if it turns out that there's nothing really in this episode that contributes to the overall story.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really torn about this episode. I didn't mind the pearl finding, but I did mind the plane finding, and you've summed it up better than I could have. It was kinda fun, but it felt really weird. Did you hear the monster when the spiders bit nikki, 'cause I sure did, and it looks like she did as well. I don't know what that means, and I was confused about what big mythological thing happened in this episode. I'm excited for the next one.

-G

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 8:56:00 AM  
Blogger Sage said...

I didn't remember hearing the monster in that scene, but I wouldn't be suprised if that was the case. The monster has clearly demonstrated an ability to take on a wide range of forms (assuming I'm right about Yemmi in "the Cost Of Living"), so I wouldn't be suprised if it took on the form of those spiders and they got there too quickly for it to be realastic.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 5:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home