Thursday, October 26, 2006

3x4 - "Every Man For Himself" Current

Since we now know that there are two Islands I will refer to the Island the plane crashed on as Island number 1 and the Island where the Others conduct their expirments as Island number 2.

Island number 1

1. What's up with Desmond? Am I to believe that he has seen the future? If so how far into the future can he see, and what exactly is he learning from it? He called that lighting rod an experiment but Desmond's not a scientist. He's a former member of Her Majesty's Army and everything we've leaned about him so far does not suggest scientist.

2. Who the hell are Paulo and Nikki and why do I care? It seems a little random to introduce new regular characters who are survivors from the fuselage section. Unless these guys have flashbacks this season, I'm gonna have to write them off.

Island number 2

1. Sawyer's smart, but he didn't factor the possibility that the Others could be watching them at all times.

2. Kudos to the Others for pulling a brilliant con on our resident confidence man Sawyer. I was worried that Ben actually killed the poor bunny rabbit with a pacemaker as a demonstration.

3. So this new Island is where all the experiments happen. This was meant to be the "oooooooooooooo. So that's where the Others are." That's why Colleen was worried about Sayid finding the Island.

4. Intersting conversation between Jack and Juliet. "We make decisions together." Didn't Locke say that exact same thing to Ben word for word last season? We know that's clearly a lie since Ben ordered Ethan and Goodwin to give lists the day of the crash and he also ordered Colleen to capture Desmonds boat, and he was obeyed both times without question or hesitation.

5. Don't doubt Jack's efforts here folks. He really did try to save Colleen. He's a doctor, he doesn't get to decide who to save and who not to save. What's interesting here is that they didn't have a working crash cart available. It should be no trouble at all for them to obtain one if they still have a pipeline to the outside world.

6. One of the Others has a tumor? That's what they want Jack to do? Could it be Ben?

7. Colleen and Pickett were married? Clearly Pickett's on a warpath and ready to kill Sawyer over her death.

8. All the hell Sawyer went through this episode, Kate better love him. She won't leave without him anyway.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel the same about those two characters. I keep trying to figure out why I was cool with Arntz (or however it's spelled) when that started and I didn't know how it would end, but this time around it just seems weird. I remember them saying things about focusing on other survivors, but it's just kind of weird. I imagine that they will have flashbacks though. Most of the other new losties got them last season, save Libby. I'm most interested in why they can't see the other island. Did he say "That's your beach," or "That's your island." I'll have to watch it again. About the pipeline, I've read somewhere that Tom said that communication is down due to the implosion, but I don't remember any of that myself, so I've got several things to look at.
-G

Thursday, October 26, 2006 1:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home