Wednesday, May 23, 2007

3x21 - "Greatest Hits" Flashbacks

Charlie you friggin rock! You did half my work for me in this episode! Thanks man. I wish I could pay you back by going "Through the Looking Glass" myself but I don't know how to get there in the next hour. I will do you justice by putting your greatest hits in my blog where you will be forever immortalized!

5. "The First Time I Heard Myself On the Radio." Driveshaft's van broke down in the middle of nowhere, it's pouring rain, and as Charlie and Liam are arguing, "You All Everybody," is played on the van's radio. Typical band story, but sweet none the less.

4. "Dad Teaching Me How To Swim At Butlins." Self explanitory, but there's also the brilliant metaphor for the leap of faith that Charile will have to take at the end of this episode. It was also nice to see a character's father appear in this episode without the "Daddy Issues" that have been so well known in the Lost flashbacks.

3. "The Christmas Liam Gave Me the Ring." Liam gave Charlie the DS ring and said that Charlie would settle down, get married, have children, and live a happy healthy life. Ironically this is the life the Liam is living now. Also, did Charlie have the threesome he confessed about in his first flashback just then?

2. "Woman Outside Covent Garden Calls Me A Hero." HEY! THAT WAS NADIA THAT CHARLIE RESCUED! He was the FOURTH person to see the attempted mugging and the only one to help. He is a hero then. NOW GO TO NEW YORK AND STOP THE BOMB FROM EXPLODING!

1. "The Night I Met You." Charlie's first ever meeting with Claire took place on the night of the plane crash.

Parting thoughts: Charlie has been a great character on this show, who's growth has gone largely unoticed due to the fact that he isn't always playing a big role in all the events, ala Jack or Sayid. Despite this, if he dies this in this season, Charlie probably will be the only character to recieve a ture sendoff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home